- Two nights bed and breakfast accommodation at the Riverside Hotel in Kendal for Friday and Saturday
- Tickets to the launch of Karen Lloyd's book 'The Blackbird Diaries'
- Tickets to the Boardman Tasker Award on Friday afternoon
- Literary Event Tickets (choose 5 from the available sessions)
- Tickets to the ‘Best of Kendal’ film session on Sunday afternoon or evening
- A copy of winning book awarded with the Boardman Tasker 2017 award (one per couple)
- A 'Literature Lover's Weekend' Festival lanyard
YOUR LITERATURE WEEKEND ITINERARY
DAY 1 - FRIDAY 17TH NOVEMBER
Now in its 34th year, The Boardman Tasker Awards will open its doors in the Malt Room at the Brewery Arts Centre at 1pm.
Spend the afternoon listening to authors reading before the 2017 winner is announced.
As a Literature Weekend ticket holder, you will have your reserved seats for the afternoon and the opportunity to take home the winning book signed by the author. You will also have the opportunity to attend the eagerly anticipated launch of Karen Lloyd's new book 'The Blackbird Diaries'.
Following an afternoon immersed in literature you will be able to check into The Riverside Hotel situated on the banks of the River Kent and beneath the ruins of the town’s 12th century castle. A short walk away is the centre of this famous market town with its bustling shops, galleries and museums.
DAYS 2 and 3 - SATURDAY 18TH & SUNDAY 19TH NOVEMBER
Your Literature Weekend pass will gain you entry into 5 of the Literature sessions over the weekend. These sessions will be a 90 minute author led talk and Q&A session.
Afternoon tea will be served on the day of your choice and you will be joined by one or more of the authors presenting at the Festival.
Film is at the heart of our Festival and on Sunday we invite you to attend the afternoon or evening showing of ‘The Best of Kendal’.
INTERESTED BUT WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
Email or call to speak to our Guest Manager, Zoe Wilkinson who will be able to answer your questions about the Literature Weekend.
CALL: 01539 732567
- The Literature Weekend costs £289 for one person or £426 for two people.
- To book your Festival Literature Package ticket you are able to pay in full or pay a deposit of £100.00 per person.
- If you choose to pay the deposit only, the full balance is due before 31st October 2017, all deposits are non-refundable.
THE ESSENTIAL BITS
- A confirmed and detailed itinerary will be available once the 2017 programme is confirmed in September.
- All event tickets (outside of the film passes) are subject to availability.
- To book your Festival Literature Package ticket a £100.00 per person deposit is required at the time of the booking.
- The full balance is due before 31st October 2017.
- All deposits are non-refundable.
- In the unlikely event that there is a no show, this will result in the loss of the full ticket price.
- In the unlikely event your ticket is cancelled by Kendal Mountain Festival you will be offered a full refund.
- The cost of the ticket is based on a package price. This is a fixed price and no amendments or reductions are available.
- Your hotel stay is on a Bed and Breakfast basis. Any room charges must be settled on check-out.
- Where necessary, we reserve the right to make alterations to the published event, programme or itinerary.
- If any further support or wheelchair assistance is required please contact the Guest Manager prior to your arrival and we will do our best to accommodate all requests.
- We recommend you take adequate travel insurance for the weekend.
- The Festival accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of property.