The world-famous American climber famous for free-climbing the Dawn Wall on El Capitan, and the first ascent of the Fitz Traverse in Patagonia.
We're delighted to welcome Tommy back to Kendal. One of the nicest guys in climbing, Tommy says his dad taught him to embrace fear and doubt and turn them into inspiration. Given this attitude, Tommy established some of the world's hardest routes and free climbed 12 routes on El Capitan in Yosemite. He believes difficult journeys, with little chance for success, teach him the most. This attitude is no better exemplified than by his first free ascent of Dawn Wall in January 2015, and his first ascent of the Fitz Traverse in Patagonia in February 2014.
- First free ascent of the Dawn Wall on El Capitan, Yosemite, California
- First ascent of the Fitz Traverse, Chaltén massif, Patagonia
- First free ascent of El Capitan’s Muir Wall, Yosemite, California
- First free ascent of El Capitan’s Magic Mushroom (VI 5.14a), Yosemite, California
- First free ascent of El Capitan’s Dihedral Wall (VI 5.14a), Yosemite, California
- First free enchainment of El Capitan’s Nose and Freerider routes, Yosemite, California
- First ascent of The Honeymoon is Over (V 5.13), Longs Peak, Colorado
- First ascent of Flex Luthor (5.14d/15a), Fortress of Solitude, Colorado
- First free ascent of Linea di Eleganza (VI 5.11b A3 M7), Fitz Roy, Patagonia
- This is a great conversation with a fellow endurance athlete. I found myself envious of how thoughtful,... fb.me/93Fxy2BwP
- This is one of he more enjoyable and thought provoking (for me) interviews I have done.... fb.me/6m5GPXhW6
- Life's greatest moments are chosen by the perspective in which we choose to view them. Thanks dad for painting my... fb.me/1j0QoAohp