Welcome to Kendal Mountain Festival
Presented by Blacks
Kendal Mountain Festival is the UK's premier mountain film festival. It is an award-winning and the most diverse event of its type in the world. Our vision is to inspire more people to explore, enjoy and represent mountains, wilderness and their cultures.
We host a highly respected international film competition, a packed lecture programme of guest speakers, filmmakers and athletes and crucially it’s the main social gathering for outdoor enthusiasts. We have thousands of visitors from home and overseas, hundreds of film screenings including high-profile premières plus plenty of special guests making this a must-do long weekend in The Lake District.
So please stay in touch, sign-up for our newsletter. Keep an eye on our website for the latest news during 2016 plus our upcoming worldwide TOUR dates.
Thanks to all who supported our Film night Cumbria floods special! We handed over a cheque for £2,500 to the Kentdale District Scouts who lost equipment and had their Scout huts... more →
- London! Need an Adventure fix?Join @PortersProgress for an amazing film night at @RGS_IBG May18 #fundraiser #Nepal bit.ly/1XatXf0
- Researchers say they've found Captain Cook's historic ship - the Endeavour 📻bbc.in/1SZW3Xe via @bbcworldservice
- We're planning & sharing adventures with new friends in wonderful #Almaty #MountainFestival @lavalad @captiveminds pic.twitter.com/c2Ask7OS7t
- Lochaber and Cairngorms avalanche forecasts to continue bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla…
- Well done Shauna! Awesome! twitter.com/team_bmc/statu…